Silver Creek Leadership Academy: 2018 Retreat Information
Dear incoming SLCAers and Parents,
On August 6, 9th graders will need to arrive at Silver Creek High School, 4901 Nelson Rd, Longmont, CO 80503, according to the time specified below, grouped by their last names:
- Last names A-H: Please arrive at 7:45 am
- Last names I-P: Please arrive at 8:00 am
- Last names Q-Z: Please arrive at 8:15 am
After arrival, the 9th graders will find their bandana groups, and participate in team building activities, before heading off to the YMCA of the Rockies.
The SCLA team wants to make sure that the students will get the most out of their leadership experience, and the appropriate gear for students will help us get off to a great start. We will be in the Rockies, and we will be active throughout most of the weekend, so please pack smart. 9th graders should not need more than a backpack, and luggage is discouraged for the weekend. Below is a packing list that should serve as a guide to the items students should bring to the retreat.
What to bring:
- Bottoms (we recommend one long pair and one short pair)
- Warm layers
- Tennis shoes
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Water bottle
- Small amount of spending money (there will be a café)
What NOT to bring:
- Bad attitudes
- Bullying (that’s so middle school)
- Valuable things
- Nice clothing
- iPad (or any type of tablet)
- Excessive amounts of money
- Board games
- Squirt guns
- Sharp objects
We hope that you are looking forward to a wonderful opportunity to meet your fellow classmates and explore your leadership identity!
We can’t wait to meet the new 2021 SCLA class! See you soon!