Silver Creek Leadership Academy: Leadership Focus
SCLA creates leaders from the ground up. We're committed to creating rock-solid students that will make excellent university students and, in turn, will become future leaders prepared for anything the world can throw at them. Students acquire 21st century skills in a balanced curriculum that's both practical and specific, including:
- Critical Thinking
- Real-world Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Information Literacy
- Collaboration Methods and Expertise
- Self-direction and Independent Thinking Skills
- Decision-based Design Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Project Management
The following programs are offered by SCLA. A Service Learning Component is part of every level:
- Grade 9: Foundations of Leadership, Leadership Retreat, Extracurricular Involvement
- Grade 10: Cultural Intelligence, Global Consciousness, and Respectful Partnerships
- Grade 11: Community Leadership, College Preparedness, Essay Writing, Mock Interviews, mini-Capstone Projects, and Senior Capstone Project Approval Presentations
- Grade 12: Capstone Project & Course, Completion of Summary Project
- Students will participate with feeder schools at all levels
Real World Experience
SCLA students actively participate in real-world projects and interact in corporate scenarios. They learn how to identify resources and challenges; and they work as a team.
All Silver Creek High students benefit from the Leadership Academy program, as well. Our core curriculum focuses on the BIG 6; the intention is to incorporate a leadership focus into every class at Silver Creek — in essence, we want our graduates to be able to successfully and intelligently apply classroom skills to diverse scenarios in whatever business environment they find themselves in.
Our Students Are Prepared
When our students graduate, they excel in everything they do because we teach them all the attributes that successful individuals and captains of industry are known to possess. Would you like to join us or simply have a question? We answer any and all questions promptly!
Did you know that you can help support SCLA and student Capstone projects? You can! We have a store at squareup.com and right now we're featuring The Friends of Dorothy's Project which is SCLA Senior Kenzie Peila's Capstone Project supporting the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, CO.